No need to pull up Pinterest and search for the perfect “fall” soup recipe any longer–I have the perfect one for you here! With the weather being all drizzy and cloudy, I decided I might as well embrace the Fall-ness. So, I put on my new cardigan, lit my candle, put on some autumn tunes, and started creating this recipe.
Meet, Spicy Vegan Vegetable Soup. One taste and you guys are going to be best friends!
There’s nothing better than a warming bowl of your favorite soup on a cold, dreary night. Not the kind of soup from a can, but the easy homemade kind that’s comforting and good for the soul, with enough leftovers for days.
This recipe is actually incredibly healthy! One serving provides a significant amount of vegetables which means many different vitamins and minerals. It’s spicy, it’s easy, it’s warm, and it is oh so flavorful, you just can’t beat it!
Wanna know what’s even better? This tasty soup can be made in one pot! Less effort + less dishes + a whole lot of veggie action = one ridiculously good meal!
The spiciness level is bearable and won’t leave your mouth burning, but it’s enough heat to warm you up! Of course you can adjust it accordingly and omit the jalepeno or cayenne pepper if spicy ain’t your thing.
When all the flavors combine, you are left with a super healthy meal chock full of plant protein from fresh veggies, black beans, plus a nice blend of spices to please your taste buds.
Spicy, Vegan Vegetable Soup
1. In a large pot, heat oil on medium heat and sauté onion, jalapeño, bell pepper, and sweet potato for about 7-9 minutes.
2. Add garlic for about 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
3. Then add tomatoes, vegetable broth/water, and the spice blend. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
4. Add zucchini and black beans and cook for about 5 more minutes.
5. Top with avocado and cilantro.
*Optional, the cayenne pepper adds spice